The Stressless® Guarantee from Ekornes.
Ekornes is committed to producing quality furniture, which comes with the following guarantees upon the establishment of a manufacturing defect.
This guarantee covers domestic use only.
You will find recommendations for use and care of all Stressless® products either in our printed welcome pack, which you can obtain from your local retailer or on the Stressless UK website within the customer care section.
Please register your guarantee within six months of receiving your furniture. For additional registration enquiries please contact the Stressless UK office.
10-year internal mechanism guarantee
We guarantee the internal mechanism of our recliners and reclining sofas for a period of 10 years from the date of initial delivery to the consumer.
- The 10-year guarantee covers the Plus™-system.
- The internal metal frame, including the metal springs and gliding system.
- It does not cover damage to leather or woodwork.
5-year guarantee on electrical parts
We guarantee all electrical parts and motor on the LegComfortä system for a period of 5 years from the date of initial delivery to the consumer. The battery is not included in the 5-year guarantee.
2-year guarantee on the battery
We guarantee the battery unit on the LegComfortä system for a period of 2 years from the date of initial delivery to the consumer.
1-year guarantee on leather upholstery
The 1 year guarantee covers the leather upholstery including stitching and zipped closures.
Registering your guarantee with Ekornes will aid the efficient process of any claims.
What is excluded?
Any issues attributed to the normal wear and tear of use, improper care, damage caused by accident or damage arising from repairs made by persons not authorised by Ekornes. This guarantee is not valid when the product has been self-assembled. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions within this document for full details.
The guarantees do not cover damage to leather, fabric, woodwork or any faults or damage caused by using the product other than in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, as well as any faults or damage arising from any repairs made by persons not authorised by the manufacturer or damages caused by use of non-original electronic parts.
Reporting an issue
In line with the Consumer Rights Act 2015; any faults should be reported to the Stressless® retailer of purchase.
Your statutory rights
Neither of the above guarantees is intended to exclude or affect your statutory rights under the relevant consumer legislation.
At Ekornes, we aim to offer our customers complete peace of mind when buying our furniture. We are Full Members of The Furniture Ombudsman and abide by their Code of Practice, which helps to ensure that our customers are treated fairly. We have also worked with The Furniture Ombudsman to gain their approval for our Product Guarantee, which sets out our commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Terms and Conditions
- This guarantee is valid from 1st February 2017
- To submit a guarantee claim consumers will need to provide proof of purchase.
- The full guarantees offered by Ekornes are only valid for the initial purchaser and do not apply to second-hand purchases or to products that have been purchased as ex-display items.
- Ex-display items do not come with a guarantee on the leather upholstery.
- Ex-display items do come with a 10-year guarantee on internal mechanism from the first delivery date into the retailer. Therefore the internal mechanism guarantee will be 10 years minus the amount of time since first delivery into the retailer.
- Stressless® LegComfortä furniture comes with the 10-year guarantee on internal mechanism, 5-year guarantee on the motor and 2-year guarantee on the battery. If the furniture is ex-display these guarantees will be minus the amount of time from the first delivery date into the retailer.
- Neither guarantee is valid where product has been self-assembled, altered, abused or adapted without the written authorisation from Ekornes.
- Neither guarantee offered covers issues arising from normal wear and tear, which includes settling, compaction of foam interior, impact caused by staining, excessive soiling, abrasion, tears, burns, or accidental damage.
- The 1-year guarantee does not apply where the product has been exposed to excessive temperature change or exposed directly to air conditioning/radiators.
10. The 1-year guarantee does not apply to damage caused by dye-transfer from non-colourfast materials, including fabrics, plastics and clothing.
11. The 1-year guarantee does not apply when the manufacturer’s care instructions have not been followed. Care instructions can be found within this document or online within the Customer Care section at stressless.co.uk
12. In the fulfillment of the guarantees offered, Ekornes reserves the right to undertake the least costly option in resolving any guarantee matter. This includes rectifying issues/problems/faults by way of part/component repair/replacement, full or part refund.
13. Where a refund is offered and accepted the product becomes the property of Ekornes.
14. The full extent of any cost to Ekornes of fulfilling the guarantees offered is limited to a maximum of the original purchase price of the product in question.
15. All guarantees offered by Ekornes are limited to the country of purchase.
16. All guarantees offered by Ekornes are limited to domestic use only.
17. Ekornes is a Full Member of The Furniture Ombudsman and we are bound by their rules. Should an issue arise regarding the interpretation and/or application of the 10, 5, 2 and 1 year guarantee, The Furniture Ombudsman will be asked to rule and we will follow their decision.’