Privacy and Cookies
Ekornes Limited ("We", “Us”, “Ekornes Ltd”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ekornes Limited of 22-24 Ely Place, London, EC1N 6TE
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
- When you use this Site, we may ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as (but not limited to) your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, and details of your enquiry.
- You may also give us, and we will collect, such Personal Information by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
Information we collect about you:
- We may also collect User Information such as (but not limited to) information about where you are on the internet (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type and version, operating system and platform, the country and time zone in which your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and the length of visit, and any search terms that you entered on our website.
- We may collect User Information even if you do not provide us with any Personal Information.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Responding to any enquiries or requests for information you may send to us;
- Processing your orders;
- Notifying you about changes to our service;
- Administering this Site;
- Serving website content to you;
- If you consent, notifying you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the appropriate UK data protection-related legislation.
We may also use your information in the following ways:
- Improving our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- Measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- Administering our Site and to perform internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical and survey purposes;
- Keeping our Site safe and secure.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties, except as outlined below.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your Personal Information with any member of our group, which means our parent company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may share your Personal Information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual order with you.
We may share non-identifiable User Information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
Where we store your personal data
Ekornes operates in many countries. To offer a consistent service to you we manage our Sites from one central site that is currently located in the Norway. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored here. It may also be processed by staff operating in other countries who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
he transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When performing certain actions on our Site, you will be given the option to receive information from Ekornes or from our partners by post, e-mail or telephone about products, promotions, or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick or untick the appropriate box before submitting any form. You may also unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 0207 462 0440.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide Personal Information which may include your name, email address, telephone number and/or mailing address. If you win, we will use this information to contact you about your prize. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be unable to access or use all or part of our Site and you will be unable to use this Site for shopping purposes.
Last updated June 2015