Ekornes aims to fulfil its environmental responsibilities associated with the manufacture, distribution, use and destruction of the company's products. For years, the company has been implementing improvements in its factories that benefit the internal and external environment, and has at the same time been choosing more environmentally friendly raw materials.
We also participate in the UN's Global Compact initiative. This is a voluntary scheme in which members commit to implementing ten principles in the areas of employees' rights, human rights, combating corruption, and sustainable production that protects the environment.
As a member of Global Compact, we submit an annual report on what we have done in our day-to-day operations to achieve the goals. You can read our report for 2013 here.
We have also chosen to set out our environmental policy in the company's own goals and values document. The following core points must be complied with in all parts of our activities:
- Ekornes shall be an environmentally friendly company. Our products shall cause thelowest possible environmental impact.
- Ekornes aims to minimise health risks in the workplace.
- Ekornes invests in preventing harm to the environment and health.
- Environmental information shall be available to the public, for example via environmental product declarations (EPD).
- Ekornes shall openly provide factual information on how the company fulfils its environmental responsibilities.
Should you wish to know more about the specific environmental measures we have implemented, or which are being planned, you can read a goals and values document here.
You can also read: Ethical rules for the Ekornes Group